UPCIS-Osaka University GLOCOL Seminar
Natural Disaster and Global Collaboration:
Responses to the Great East Japan Earthquake, 3.11
- Date: Thursday, 22 September, 2011 (Opens at 9:30) 10:00-17:30
- Venue: Claro M. Recto Hall, Faculty Center, UP Diliman (Philippine)
- Organizers: Osaka University Global Collaboration Center, and University of the Philippines Center for International Studies
- In cooperation with the Embassy of Japan, the Manila Shimbun and UP College of Arts and Letters
- Language: English
- Participation: Free Entrance/Lunch. Pre-registration (with your name, affiliation and position/year) is expected before the noon of September 16, Friday.
On March 11, 2011, Japan experienced a natural disaster due to a big earthquake and tsunami. These unprecedented catastrophes drew tremendous concern from within Japan and all over the world. The Osaka University GLOCOL and the UPCIS have organized this seminar aiming to review and reflect on the various responses that are humanitarian in nature. This is one way of overcoming the grim experience and hopefully will contribute towards the ultimate reconstruction and healing process to those affected by the disaster.
1. The Great East Japan Earthquake: Half a Year Later
2. Thank You World for Support
3. Gambare Nippon Campaign in the UP
4. "Filipino Broadcasting from Kesennuma"
5. Rehabilitation from the Natural Disaster for and among the Migrant Community
6. Digital Message to the UP Community and to the Kababayan
7. A Reflection on 'International Humanitarian Assistance' from the Perspective of the Japanese INGO
8. Philippine Government's Response to 3.11 Japan Disaster
At the Seminar